About The Geneva Foundation
The Geneva Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit established in 1993 with the purpose to ensure optimal health for service members and the communities they serve. This purpose is accomplished through our mission to advance military medicine through research, development, and education. Our vision is to lead the way in transforming military medicine. Our culture is living our core values that focus on a higher purpose. Geneva serves a diverse population and is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging a central focus of the employee experience. As a leader in military medical research, we develop critical lifesaving solutions for the global community and build rewarding careers for our employees.
Our benefits package includes financial rewards that are a significant part of the employee's total rewards compensation package. Geneva's highly competitive benefits include medical, dental, and vision healthcare, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings account, with employer contribution. Coverage is provided for employees and family members including domestic partners. Short-and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program, Life & ADD insurance, 403b retirement plan with generous employer match, flexible leave options, 11 paid holidays per year, and up to 4 weeks of paid time off in a rolling year. Employees may qualify for PSLF as Geneva is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Full time positions come with all benefits. Part time and intermittent positions may vary.
About The Position
The Data Management Analyst is responsible for assisting the Data & Analytics Manager with clinical data management. This position will support electronic data capture system design and testing, data cleaning and quality control, data transfers and merging of files, data queries, ad-hoc reports, and real-time dashboards. This position works cross-organizationally to ensure data quality, report real-time data for investigators and staff, and document standard operating procedures.
About The Project
Photomedicine is collaborative research program to investigate how the medical use of certain wavelengths of light (blue light) may enhance performance, stimulate healing, modulate recovery, and improve health. For this project, PM16 - A Novel Use of Photobiomodulation: Increasing Sleep Quality in Our Warfighters, the Post-Doctoral Fellow I provides assistance to the Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators, and Research Staff. S/he ensures enrollment numbers are successfully met, when applicable, and protocol adherence, monitoring visits, overseeing regulatory and administrative details, data management assistance and project close-out support is provided. This is a position supporting cutting-edge sleep research with Active-Duty Service Members.
$68,300 - $85,000. Salaries are determined based on several factors including external market data, internal equity, and the candidate’s related knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
• Collaborate and assist Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators, and research team in the performance of sleep research protocols
• Prepare progress reports on research as required
• Aid in development of data analysis pipelines, data extraction, and data analysis
• Contribute to the drafting and submitting of abstracts, manuscripts and reports for dissemination
• Present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
• Provide project close-out support
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
• Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Devises and troubleshoots logical procedures, prepares flowcharts, and performs coding, tests, and debugs programs
• Troubleshoots and provides input for documentation of new or existing programs
• Assists with determining system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Contributes to decisions on policies, procedures, expansion strategies and product evaluations
• Assists users with using software and resolves any problems
• Recommends operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures, to optimize data quality and automate data collection and management processes
• Oversees quality assurance for all study databases, tests data to identify data integrity issues, makes recommendations, and plans solutions based on research goals
• Oversee the maintenance, management, and additions to, and interactions with existing management of relational database on secure approved server(s)
• Master’s of Science or Bachelor's of Science degree in the field of computer engineering, computer science or a related field
• 3 to 10 years of programming experience
• Ability to apply structured programming techniques and system analysis principles
• Experience with data entry systems, quality control, dataset creating and maintenance
• Knowledge of military system, preferred
• Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and available to interact with employees, clients and sponsors of all levels
• Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve result
• MATLAB and Python competency
• PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED (or pre-published) experience analyzing EEG signals
• Competent in oral and written communication
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Positive, friendly and professional demeanor with superiors and subordinates
• Independent judgment skills in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects